This year, I took the opportunity to photograph the dishes that we've come to look forward to year after year. The menu included:
- Roast turkey seasoned with an herb-butter rub;
- Blanched green beans with butter and garlic;
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta;
- Sweet potatoes mashed with onion and bacon;
- Sausage and herb stuffing;
- Twice-baked potatoes with Havarti cheese and caramelized shallots;
- Home-made apple pie with ice cream; and
- Home-made pumpkin pie topped with fresh cinnamon whipped cream.
In case you're wondering, it took three people more than 12 hours to make this smorgasbord of holiday classics. We truly indulged in a feast — all of it made from scratch and with love.
We have so much to be thankful for.