In no particular order, we have our minds set on:
- Seneca Rocks | I've heard so much about these gorgeous rock formations and love the photos I've seen online. We aren't rock/mountain climbers, but hiking in the area seems delightful!
- Monticello | Cliff and I both love history. We've been to Mount Vernon a number of times and have really enjoyed our experiences. It would be great to visit the home of another president and Founding Father.
- Shenandoah National Park | It's been forever since we've been camping, and the opportunity to do so in a national park sounds amazing! We haven't been yet, so I'm hoping this will be the year that we actually make it to Shenandoah!
- Redwood National Forest | Cliff has been, but I never have. It has always been a dream of mine to visit.
- Maine | This is another place I've never been, but have always wanted to go. I hear it's beautiful. I'm so excited to report that it's happening! This summer Cliff and I are taking a trip to Maine!
- The Grand Canyon |I've been to the canyon, but Cliff hasn't. It's been at the top of his list for quite some time. I have a feeling we'll get there sooner rather than later.
- North Carolina | This is another place we've heard so many wonderful things about. Cliff has driven through the state, but has never had a chance to really stop and take in the sights and culture.
- Alaska | America's last frontier, right? As someone who's incredibly interested in American history and loves the outdoors, Alaska feels like the perfect rustic destination.
- Colorado | Go ahead. I know you want to laugh. I lived in Nebraska for 23 years and have never visited Colorado.
- Iceland | I know, I know. We've been here before. Yet, Cliff and I can't get enough. We are determined to go back, whether that be tomorrow (OMG, can we go tomorrow??) or a few years from now. Iceland is amazing!
- Croatia | Cliff and I are completely intrigued by the incredible landscapes and Mediterranean culture that Croatia offers. I've heard its beautiful!
- The Azores | On a whim, we almost booked a vacation here a few years ago via Groupon Getaways. The only thing that stopped us was Cliff's schedule. As a teacher, there are just certain times of the year when you can't get away.
- Norway/Sweden/Finland | I realize each of these are very different countries with very different cultures, but decided to group them together because of their shared geographic locations. Scandinavia is a place that continues to tickle our imaginations.
- South Korea | South Korea is definitely at the top of Cliff's list. He's incredibly impressed by the country's technological culture. I have to admit, I have a thing for South Korea's entertainment industry. Let's here it for Boys over Flowers, SS501 and Castaway on the Moon.
- Curacao | I have a good friend from this island nation and after hearing her talk about it, I'm determined to go there. It sounds amazing! The fact that we'd get to stay in the same time zone makes it that much better!
- Tree house resort | Yes, this actually does exist and I've had it on my mind for quite some time. I've always dreamed of spending a week (or more) completely immersed in nature, and a tree house resort seems like the perfect way to do that.
- Greenland | On our way to Iceland, Cliff and I flew over Greenland. There were few clouds in the sky and we were completely captivated by the rugged, yet beautiful terrain. Transportation would be difficult (and expensive), but maybe one day.
- Egypt | Another dream place that's at the top of Cliff's list. Unfortunately, we have more to worry about than the country's unstable government. Cliff is extremely susceptible to the sun, so we'd have to be very careful about our time there.
I was blessed to have parents who valued culture and history. As a result, I spent much of my adolescents traveling to foreign countries. Among some of the favorite places I've visited are China, Greece, Switzerland, and Italy.
Do you have your own travel list? Have you been to any of the places on my list? Feel free to join in the discussion by commenting below!