The answer to this question is three-fold.
(1) My goal is to serve my customers in the best way I can. By offering high-quality, premium prints, I am able to increase customer service and focus on what matters most: giving my clients an experience they’ll love, rather than just a product. That experience will begin with a client-photographer consultation, and will end with the delivery (yes, the snail-mail kind!) of beautiful prints ready to be framed.
(2) A printed photograph is more than just a piece of glossy paper. It is a symbol of the past, present and future. Let's start with the past. Images conjure memories and, when looking at their photos, I hope clients will remember special times in their lives. Present: As a framed piece, a printed photograph is more than just a memento -- it acts as art. Future: Printed photographs are family records. They document life's major milestones and can become cherished family heirlooms.
(3) As convenient as digital files are, they have limitations. Digital file storage devices like CDs and thumb drives can be lost or damaged. A computer can crash. A laptop can be stolen. Furthermore, once uploaded to a website, a digital photograph is compressed into a low-resolution file. This action cannot be undone, and means a large, high-quality print can never be made from that file.
As our society retreats farther and farther from print, so does a collective knowledge of the printing process. As your photographer, it is my job to make sure all of my clients receive the most use out of their photographs as possible. Print is the best way to do that.
Q: Why Now?
I feel it is best to make this transition now, while jhPhotography is still in its infancy. I want to serve my customers in the best way that I can, and part of that involves earning trust. I realize this drastic change may come as a shock to some, but in the long run, I believe it will allow me to give better customer service while producing a higher quality product.
Q: You increased your prices. Are you going to increase them again?
I did have to make the difficult decision to increase my prices, but those prices reflect a much greater quality of service I will be providing clients. My goal is to make my customers happy, and I believe the new pricing system is fair and reasonable. I do not expect to raise these prices anytime soon.
Q: What can I expect now that jhPhotography is a print-based boutique?
Now that jhPhotography is a print-based boutique, customers can expect an experience tailored specifically to their wants and needs. Here's how:
- Each session booked by a client will come with a complimentary meet n' great + consultation. I want to make customers feel as comfortable as possible, and suggest that this take place at their home or a coffee shop or restaurant of their choice.
- Once the photo session is complete, customers will receive a link to a password-secured, online gallery. From here, customers will have the ability to choose which photos they'd like to print and at what size.
- Four to six weeks after prints have been purchased, they will arrive via mail in special packaging.
Q: How does the print credit work?
Each package offered comes with a credit for prints. After receiving the link to your password-secured, online gallery, clients will shop for the prints of their choice. Each client will receive a credit code, which they will use prior to checking out of the store.
Any portion of the photo credit not used is non-refundable and cannot be used towards another session. It is encouraged that customers use the full print credit associated with their package.
Q: If I’ve already booked a digital session will I have to pay more?
No. Any customer who has booked a session before May 23 will keep the same package they originally purchased, unless they choose to upgrade. This will include digital files via a secure link, a blog post, and professional, quality service.
Q: If I’ve already book a digital session, can I upgrade to prints?
Yes! Those who want prints but have booked digital sessions before May 23 can order prints a la cart. I will just need to know that you would like this option.
Q: Can I still get digital prints if I want them?
Yes! As outlined on my pricing page, each package comes with a set number of digital prints, which can be used for sharing on social and other online media.