Sev specializes in event and special-effects makeup and has a client list that ranges from Cosplay fans to blushing brides. I've asked her to share her expertise for finding the perfect wedding-day look in this five-part series, Makeup Your Photographs.
In most cases, your budget is a top priority and it’s important to know what you’re paying for. Here is a list of sample questions to ask any artist(s) you may be interested in hiring:
- What do you charge for the bride only?
- What services are included in that base price?
- How much extra will it cost to add additional members of the bridal party, including bridesmaids, moms, and flower girls?
- Are there any hidden or extra fees?
- Are you open to price negotiations or service/craft trades?
- What type of makeup is used? (Now is a good time to let your makeup artist know of any allergies you have to skin-care or makeup products).
- Are airbrushing services available? (This may sound silly, but I promise that as an airbrushed bride, you'll look flawless).
- How far in advance do you need a day-of wedding schedule?
- Are there any hair vendors you can recommend?
Finally, remember to factor in a tip for your makeup artist. They are providing personalized service and are most likely commuting to meet you. A tip is the best way to thank them for their time!